The Bruce Grey Woodlands Association (BGWA) was formed in 2014 from the amalgamation of the Bruce County Woodlot Association and the Grey County Woodlot Association. BGWA is a volunteer-run organization dedicated to encouraging the improvement and sustainable management of the forests in Bruce & Grey Counties.
Our Vision Statement (what we value and why we exist): Promoting healthy forests and ecosystems in Bruce and Grey Counties through education, recreation and sustainable management practices.
Our Objectives (how we aim to achieve our Vision):
- Promote sustainable forest management by increasing awareness of the forest’s inherent social, economic and environmental values.
- Provide networking and sharing opportunities regarding forests and natural ecosystems.
- Promote enjoyment of woodlands and natural areas through education and recreational activities.
- Serve as a voice for the membership with respect to legislation, taxation and regulations as they affect forest property and associated business interests.
- Encourage non-typical forest management practices such as farm windbreaks, orchards, permaculture, riparian restoration, etc.
The BGWA is a volunteer-run organization funded entirely my member dues, governed by its Constitution.
To contact BGWA, use this comment form below, or on any page. Comments are moderated and do not immediately appear online.